2020 has been off to a busy start. This week I spoke at the North Babylon Chamber of Commerce General Meeting at Mangia Pizza on various legal topics for individuals and businesses and answered questions.
I will be speaking at Contour Mortgage to landlords about the changes in the NY Landlord/Tenant laws that went into effect last June, on Monday, March 9th in Garden City and I will be speaking at the Deer Park Library People’s United Bank First Time Home Buyer’s seminar on Thursday, March 12th
I also found out recently that I get to meet the rockstar herself, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, after I get admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
And to top it all off, my team and I are working on a brand new website for Sugarman Law, slated to launch this quarter!
I bet you’re busy getting back into the groove after all the time off and if you’ve felt anything like I have lately, these first few weeks of January have been jam-packed and a tad stressful. I wanted to keep it simple this month and give you 10 things to think about as you enter 2020:
- If you are signing any legal document, don’t just use the “20” when you write the date. Put the whole year 2020 as it could be modified to be 20… and then any year after that.
- Update your estate planning documents, especially if you have had a major transition in your life. Do you need to add or change your beneficiaries or make amendments to your living will? Or create these documents in general?
- Where are your networking this year? If you want to know about organizations in Suffolk County and surrounding areas, let me know.
- Do you have legal questions keeping you up at night? Give me a call and let’s stop your worries and get a plan together so you don’t go another year wondering.
- Buying or selling your house and need guidance? I’m happy to work with you to ensure you have the most smooth and enjoyable process you can.
- Want to get more involved with your community? If Habitat for Humanity is on your list, reach out. It’s been a part of my life for a long time and we always need volunteers. www.habitatsuffolk.org Consider volunteering for the Women’s Build Week or if you have a free Saturday, find a house that you can just go “walk-on” and help.
- Did you catch me on the Business Power Hour this year with Lora Rosenthal? We answered a lot of questions about real estate that could be helpful. Check it out here.
- Are you finally getting around to starting up or buying a new business this year or adding a partner and want assistance with your document preparations? Reach out.
- Are you facing foreclosure or have questions surrounding the process? Let’s talk.
- And finally, remember to take time off and enjoy life! I have vacations planned to spend Mardi Gras in Galveston, Texas and of course, I’m making the annual “pilgrimage” to Sint Maarten in the Spring. I’ll have to find another amazing place to go later in the year – any suggestions?