Welcome to the Sugarman Blog! Each month, we’ll be posting articles to provide answers, tips and advice to our clients and friends. Some of the subjects we’ll be covering include:
- In foreclosure or can’t pay your mortgage? We can advise you.
- Starting a business and aren’t sure how to incorporate? We got your back.
- Town violations keeping you up at night? Let’s get to the bottom of it.
- Problem tenants or landlord issues? We can assist you in this often-complex area.
- Buying a commercial building and don’t know where to start? We can help.
- Homeowner not paying you for the work you did? We can help you collect.
- Afraid of losing your home to foreclosure? We are here to support your defense.
- Need to lower your mortgage payment? We have the tools to start the process.
- Need legal counsel in your business dealings? We are your team.
- New contracts to be drafted or old ones to edit? Let’s get out that red pen.
In fact, our ultimate goal with this newsletter is to answer YOUR questions. Of course, specific legal matters need to be dealt with on a 1:1 basis and our tips are not to be taken as legal advice, but we know there are general requests we can assist you with and we want to hear from you! Things like the difference between an LLC and an INC, the clauses you might want to add to your contracts or your options when facing foreclosure.
Your question could be featured in next month’s newsletter. If you’re feeling fancy, send along a photo so we can really spotlight you.
We are a full-service law firm located on Long Island. You don’t have to go to Manhattan to get quality, professional legal services. You can visit us right in your hometown.
We are a close-knit law firm, run more like a family than a business, and we’d be honored to add you to our list of clients. Or, feel free to refer us to someone that needs our services.
A little of what we’ve been up to this Summer:
We hired a new associate: Priyamvadha Mettapalli, currently awaiting her admission. We are excited that Priyam has joined our awesome team. She is great at litigation and I am teaching her everything I know about closings and running a law practice. Lending my knowledge and acting as a mentor to someone up and coming in the industry is one of my favorite things to do.
We welcomed two college interns this summer: Nicholas Pena, majoring in Criminology at the University of Maryland and Brandon Dyan, majoring in Finance at Queens College. Nicholas is entering his senior year and Brandon graduates in 2020, both planning on entering law school. It was fantastic having these two around the office to research the law, check closing documents and assist in areas we needed the most.
As a member of the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk County, I will be attending an upcoming fundraiser, Habitat Suffolk’s 20th Annual Roger Metcalf Memorial Golf Classic on September 24th. Tickets are available at the link if you are interested in participating.
Thanks for reading our debut issue and we welcome you to follow us online.
Starting this month, we are doing a Sugarman Shout Out Friday on Facebook. A chance for you to say hi and tell us who you are and what you do. Connect with other members of the Sugarman Law, P.C. family and work with one another toward the common goal of knowing your rights, knowing how to respond when/if legal issues arise and where to turn for guidance.